If talk about the scope in Pharma or Pharma scope, There is a wide scope for pharmacy students because, in India and US, the Pharma Healthcare sector is growing day by day even in the current market scenario even during COVID-19, which offers great opportunities in India and abroad. Pharmacists playing a vital role in the healthcare sector as well as in Manufacturing industries. so pharmacists need to be aware in every aspect to provide better health to the community, while The pharmacy council of India or state-level pharmacy council is also running various programs in India to educate Pharma students.
Pharma scope for B.Pharma, M.Pharma, and P.hD
In the entire healthcare industry, pharmacy is essential. Along with fundamental scientific knowledge, a professional in the modern pharmaceutical sector needs to have management and computational skills. The pharmacy sector is quickly changing into a highly technological one. The pharmacy sector needs to advance because scientists are employing more and more technologies to predict the future of healthcare leading to creating more pharma scope for Pharma graduates.
Admission Process for Pharmacy:
The students who shall pursue a career in Pharmacy are required to pass the intermediate /10+2 examination in Physics, Chemistry, or Mathematics / Biology.
The admission process for the Pharmacy programs includes a written test entry in the B.Pharma programs. The national level entrance test for admission to the Masters Level Pharmacy programs is GPAT i.e. Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test. This test is organized by the National Testing Agency (NTA) per annum for admission to M.Pharma Programs.
The major areas of study for the Bachelor of Pharmacy program are Human Anatomy and Physiology, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Communication Skills, Biochemistry, pharmacology, pharmacognosy, Pathophysiology, Computer Applications in Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Physical Pharmaceutics, etc.
Scope in Pharmaceuticals as Per Qualifications:
For DIPLOMA Student
Retail Medical Store. Wholesale Medical Store. Medical Representatives. Dispensing Pharmacist in Store department in Industry. Pharmacists in railways, Defence, Private Hospitals and Institutions, Airports, Shipping corporations, Embassies, etc. An employee at Medical Store. Pharmacists in Government Hospitals, Primary, and Rural Health Centres. Community Pharmacist. Clinical Pharmacist.
Scope in Pharma for B.Pharma, M.Pharma, and P.hD
If talk about the Scop in Pharma After graduation or a higher degree, Pharma students can join the following types of jobs according to their own interests.
- Production Pharmacist in a pharmaceutical Company.
- Quality Control Chemist in pharmaceutical Company.
- Own Pharmaceutical Manufacturing unit
- Drug Inspector
- Drug Commissioner (State Government)
- Drug Controller (Central Government)
- Drug Analyst in Government Testing or private testing Labs
- Own Testing Lab.
- Research Scientist.
- Formulation Development.
- Drug Regulatory Affairs.
- Lecturer and Professor.
- Pharma Consultancy.
- Member of Drug Technical Advisory Board.
- Member of Pharmacy Council of India.
- Inspectors of AICTE and PCI.
- Head Pharmacist in Civil Hospitals.
- Member of Drug Consultative Committee.
- Members of Other Government Bodies.
- training and Educational Institute-Food Inspector.
- Medicinal Plant Cultivation.
Top pharmacy colleges
There are other universities that offer both undergraduate and graduate programs in pharmacy. The top pharmacy schools in India are listed here, according to the most recent NIRF rankings:
- New Delhi’s Jamia Hamdard
- University of Punjab, Chandigarh
- The Pilani-based Birla Institute of Technology and Science
- National Pharmaceutical Education and Research Institute (NIPER) Mohali’s
- Institute of Chemical Technology in Mumbai’s
- National Pharmaceutical Education and Research Institute Hyderabad’s
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Science
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, (NIPER) Ahmedabad
Read Also: Interview Preparation for Pharma student
High Paying Jobs for Pharma student
The Pharma sector provides a wide scope of jobs opportunity for Pharmacy students, Go with the following high-paying jobs if you are Pharma Graduate/Post-Graduate. The list is prepared with the help of a Pharma Experts. Hope it helps students to choose the best option under the Pharma scope.
- Research Scientist ( Salary Ranges- 3.5 Lac to 15.0 Lac per annum for 0 to 8 Years Experience in above than average company)
- Regulatory affair ( Salary Ranges- 5.0 Lac to 10.0 Lac per annum for 0 to 5 Years Experience in above than average company)
- R&D (Research and Development) ( Salary Ranges- 4.8 Lac to 9.0 Lac per annum for 0 to 6 Years Experience in above than average company)
- Pharmacovigilance ( Salary Ranges- 2.4 Lac to 5.0 Lac per annum for 0 to 3 Years Exprience)
- Pharma Manufacturing/QA/QC and Micro ( Salary Ranges- 1.8 Lac to 5.0 Lac per annum for 0 to 5 Years Experience)
- Retail Pharmacist ( Salary Ranges- 1.6 Lac to 3.8 Lac per annum for 0 to 8 Years Experience)