Pass box is one of the cleanroom systems used to transfer materials from one area to another cleaned area through a controlled environment. Pass boxes help to control contamination and cross-contamination by passing particular matter present on the surface of materials that are to be transferred, these particular materials will automatically pass through the filter present on the pass box during the operation. The interlocking door mechanism is the main feature of a pass box which allows the single door to open at once and the others side will close.
Pass Boxes Functions:
A pass box is a chamber that is installed in the wall between two controlled environments of different classes, such as a clean room and an adjacent area. As the name itself suggests, Its primary function is to allow materials to be transferred between the two areas without the need for people to enter or exit, which helps to reduce the risk of airborne particles crossing. The pass box typically has two doors, one on each side, that are kept closed at all times except when materials are being transferred. Pass boxes are made of stainless steel, which is easy to clean and sanitize.
Pass box features:
The pass box (both static and dynamic pass box) have a few same differences such as;
- Control panel
- UV light
- Door handle
- Electromagnetic lock
- Magnehelic Gauge
Types of pass boxes in pharmaceutical
- Dynamic pass box
- Static pass box
1. Dynamic pass box: Dynamic pass box is mainly installed between a non-controlled environment to a controlled environment, it is used to pass materials from a non-controlled to a controlled area. the main features of the dynamic pass box are:
- The Dynamic pass box is made of Stainless steel (SS 304) and has a cubical shape.
- The dynamic pass box may be of different kinds like cascade, sink, or bubble.
- It has an interlocking system on both sides to protect from contamination and cross-contamination.
- Dynamic pass box door can open one side at once, and the other side door remains closed.
- It is fitted with a suction filter of around 0.3 microns with a HEPA filter.
- Dynamic pass box also fitted with a pressure Magnehelic gauge ranging from 0 to 25 mm of WC.
- It also contained a motor blower of 1/5 hp to blow out dust particles.
- The dynamic pass box is also fitted with a UV light of 18 watts.
- It also has a fluorescent lamp of around 20 watts to produce visible light.
Related Post: SOP on Dynamic Pass Boxes
2. Static pass box: Static pass box is used to transfer products or materials between the same or clean environments. the main features of a static pass box are:
- The static pass box has cubical in shape and is made of stainless steel.
- It has an electromagnetic interlock system with an LED indicator on both sides to indicate the doors.
- In the static pass box, the UV light is fitted with 8 watts lamp with a fluorescent lamp of about 40 watts.
- The static pass box is also fitted with a UV light meter to record the burning hours.
- The static pass does not fitted with a filter.
2 thoughts on “Difference between Static and Dynamic Pass box”
when to change burning hours for dynamic pass box( uv light)