User requirement specification (URS) is a list of all the equipment-related requirements from the user, The list shall be prepared based on the types of equipment to be purchased. After the preparation of the list, the URS documents are sent to the manufacturer to get the required materials as per the given criteria.
The user department will raise the indent for his requirement regarding machine equipment or software. He/She will give all the requirements in the URS format, which include the functional and technical specifications for the machine equipment or software. This specification in the written format is defined as URS and It shall be very specific.
There should not be any confusion during the preparation for approval. During URS preparation Functional, as well as technical aspects, shall be clearly mentioned. The number of spare change parts required shall be mentioned in URS.
During User Requirement specification preparation, keep the documents as per all the regulations like environmental safety, machine safety controls, and health shall be considered.
Users should also give the details of other areas which are going to affect them. if the new machine is procured, mention all the other areas that need to modify before installation, such as the environmental (AHU) control system. Also, keep in mind whether this modification is possible and feasible; is it going to impact the other existing system?
Related post: Drug master file (DMF)
User requirement specification for equipment.
The following point must be included in URS:
- Name of the user department.
- machine/equipment/software name.
- Purpose of the machine/equipment/software.
- Other areas of impact (AHU, movement, and space).
- Parameters to be considered for the URS.
- Model making Name with specification, and quantity with the remark.
- Capacity: give the detailed specification and quantity like a requirement in Kilogram or liters.
- The material of construction: give details about the material of construction like Stainless steel and its grades.
- Give details about Instruments on the machine like the Metal detector, Camera inspection system, pinhole detector, etc.
- Required calibration details with the specification with remarks.
- Details specification: baffles, Dia, punches, Guide track, cutter, and channel.
- Specified details about required tools.
- Documentation like FAT / SAT/ Qualification/ manuals.
- Environmental: (Include the temperature and humidity of the area ) / health safety requirements (like MCB and safety Guard) and Control (Specify needs of equipment, interfaces, output forms (e.g., USB).
- Critical control points.
- Utilities. Utilities. Define the kind of power supply to use for the equipment, the requirement of UPS, or other utility requirements. Include water system, quality, or compressed gas, if required.
- Availability. Limitation of operation time for the equipment.
- Supporting Documents. Operating manuals, warranty, parts, spare parts, and circuit diagrams.
- User requirement specification document Shall be signed by an authorized person in the column prepared by, reviewed by, and approved by. In the end, review, revise, and approve the URS. The next step is the design qualification.